Perfume Pagoda Pilgrimage
- Drive through Ha Tay province, the most mountainous region of Vietnam
- Row along the Yen Vy stream and admire the river scenery
- Ascend the stairs or catch the cable car for amazing views on your way to the pagoda
- Discover the sacred Perfume Pagoda inside a limestone cave in the heart of the mountain
The sacred pagoda itself is nestled in a limestone cave in the hollow of a great mountain. It can be reached only by boat, and a winding stone staircase. Upon reaching the small village of Duc you will step aboard a thin sampan, rowed by a local who knows the scenic waterways like the back of their hand. You will glide along the silken waters of the Yen Vy stream, merging seamlessly with Thien Tru Quay. As you are rowed over the crystalline surface reflect on how the mountains cast the images of themselves in the water.
Once you reach the sacred mountain you can elect to tread the stairs that thousands have tread before you, or take the cable car for a magnificent view of the surroundings. Walk through the echoing cave, its vast walls scooping the slightest rustle and whisper and magnifying it. You will return to Hanoi late in the afternoon.
Prices per person in USD from 1st Oct, 2014 to 30th Sep, 2015
- Pick-ups and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle as specified in the itinerary
- Experienced English-speaking guide
- All entry and sightseeing fees if any
- Lunch as specified in the itinerary in the best local restaurants
- Taxes and services charges
- International flight tickets and airport tax
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses
Attention: The itinerary may be subject to change due to the unfavorable weather conditions