Mai Chau Ethnic Journey
Itinerary in Brief
|Fill out our quick contact form for free, expert advice on your tailor-made Vietnam tour
[ We welcome your questions about booking information, price quotes, itinerary suggestions, special requests, etc. ]
|Address||* People Travelling|
|Category:||* Tentative Date of Travel|
|* Please Send Your Tour Details|
- Take a scenic drive to Hoa Binh the trail head, gateway to Vietnam’s northwest highland and best know for trekking center of Mai Chau.
- Trek on dirt unpaved routes through local minority group villages and evergreen rice fields, vegetable farms and fruit orchards, undulating up and down hills and valleys, with sspectacular karst rock mountains as backdrop.
- Explore Vietnam’s northwest natural heritage site, Pu Luong Nature Reserve, with its rich biodiversity blessed with rich forest, limestone panoramas, rice terraces and breathtaking scenery.
- Immerse in cultural exchange with the Eco-Tourism Homestays, hosted by friendly local ethnic people, at different minority group villages and enjoy trying tasty local dishes in the natural surroundings.
You’ll travel a further 15km to board a traditional rowing sampan. Row along the silken waters of the Ma river, stopping at the ethnic villages dotted along the riverbanks. At Hang Village you’ll have the unique opportunity to experience the life and culture of the locals as you stay at an ethnic house on stilts for the night as honored guests. Usually, the host family or guide will cook meals for you, but will not join in out of respect for the guests. If you prefer to them to eat with you, you need to ask the guide in advance to make the arrangements.
Your tour will end here.
Prices per person in USD from 1st Oct, 2014 to 30th Sep, 2015
|Number of pax||1||2||3-4||5-8||9-12||13-16||Over 16|
- Breakfast and Homestay
- Pick-ups and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle as specified in the itinerary above.
- Travel in an appropriate private air-conditioned vehicle and/or a Jeep with an experienced safe driver
- Boat cruise on Ma rive
- The services of experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary
- Where necessary, entry fees for all visits as mentioned in the programme
- Lunches and dinners (as specified in the itinerary) in the best local restaurants, or picnics where no suitable restaurant is available
- International flight tickets and airport tax
- Dinners, except as specified above.
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses
For all our trekking tours – guests should be in reasonably good health – and bring walking equipment.
Attention: The itinerary may be subject to change due to the unfavorable weather conditions