Journey to the Upper Mekong
- Glide along the chestnut waters of the Mekong river, appreciating the river scenery
- Visit Dragon, Unicorn, Phoenix and Turtle islets on your way down the Xep canal
- Listen to Vietnamese folk music performed live whilst trying traditional foods and drinks
- Visit the bountiful Ben Truc orchard
- Sample local produce and visit a local household
As the journey from islet to islet, you will experience a range of cultural activities unique. Share lunch with the local people, sip traditional herbal tea or the infamous snake wine, listen to the traditional Vietnamese folksong and sample seasonal fruits. The boat will travel along Xep canal, where you will visit the traditional houses comprised entirely of coconut wood at Quoi An village, whose residents are also expert carvers of coconut handicrafts and spinners of coconut candy.
You’ll take a horse-drawn cart along the village path to Ben Truc orchard to taste some of the fresh local produce. Further along you’ll visit a bee farm and savor the thick sweetness of Vietnamese honey courtesy of the efforts of buzzing, pint-sized workers.
Time for the drive back to Saigon, your arrival estimated at around 5pm.
Prices per person in USD from 1st Oct, 2014 to 30th Sep, 2015
- Pick-ups and transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle as specified in the itinerary
- Private boat in Mekong
- Experienced English-speaking guides as indicated in the itinerary
- All entry and sightseeing fees if any
- Lunch as specified in the itinerary in the best local restaurants
- Taxes and services charges
- International flight tickets and airport tax
- Drinks, gratuities and personal expenses
Attention: The itinerary may be subject to change due to the unfavorable weather conditions