Hanoi - The Heart of Vietnam
- Wander the old quarter of the ancient capital
- Explore Tran Quoc Pagoda and the Temple of Literature
- Visit Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and the One Pillar Pagoda
- Discover the Museum of Ethnology
- Cross Rainbow Bridge to the temple in the middle of Hoan Kiem lake
We start the tour with discovering the wealth of cultural, culinary and historic wonders encased within Hanoi’s ancient walls. Visit Tran Quoc Pagoda and the Temple of Literature, the first University of Vietnam, and on to the Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum where you will catch a glimpse of the vulnerable leader at rest. Nearby is the One Pillar Pagoda, a popular symbol of the capital city.
After lunch we move to the Museum of Ethnology, which displays a variety of cultural items from Vietnam’s numerous ethnic minorities – everything from clothing, musical instruments, farming tools to scaled down models of their living quarters.
Finally, we continue to Hoan Kiem lake, the liquid heart of the city. Walk across the oriental bridge with its striking red paint to visit Ngoc Son temple, home to the preserved body of a hundred year old turtle, and providing great views of the lake itself. The tour comes to a conclusion back at your hotel.
Note: All museums will not be available on Mondays. Hoa Lo prison and the 87 Ma May house will be added as alternatives
Prices per person in USD from 1st Oct, 2014 to 30th Sep, 2015
- All transfers by private air-conditioned vehicle as specified in the itinerary
- Experienced English-speaking guide
- Entry and sightseeing fees for all visits if any
- Lunch as specified
- Taxes and services charges
- Travel insurance, drinks, gratuities, personal expenses
- Other services not mentioned
Attention: The itinerary may be subject to change due to the unfavorable weather conditions